Friday, November 18, 2011

I dug up and planted a small wisteria plant this summer. When can I expect it to bloom?

I live 70 miles north of New York City.

I dug up and planted a small wisteria plant this summer. When can I expect it to bloom?
Depends on what stock the nursery used to grow it.





Root st]ock can take up to 5 years to bloom.


Cut Stock normally produce that next year.





I purchased some from Lowe's and still waiting for it to bloom.


Also have some from a local nursery that bloomed in the first year and looks awesome.
Reply:Wisteria is the most unpredictable flower ther is. I have freind who has two planted twenty feet apart. One bloomed and has continued to bloom every year for fifteen years. The other bloomed for the first time two years ago. If you are lucky, at two years old.


No comments:

Post a Comment