Friday, November 18, 2011

Planting Wisteria Sinensis from a seed, when will I get its first bloom?

I got some Wisteria Sinensis seeds. I want to plant them but as long as I know this vine has a fast growing rate but I want to know when will I get its first bloom? average time?





I read that the japanese species (Wisteria Floribunda) will bloom after 10 or 15 years of age!! this also happens with the Sinensis species too?





I dont really want to wait too long!!!





Thank you all!!!!

Planting Wisteria Sinensis from a seed, when will I get its first bloom?
You're not going to like this answer, but it's true. It takes 10 years to see it bloom. I know it's a crazy amount of time, but the years will come and go any way might as well plant it and forget about it until the long awaited date!


Good luck ;o)
Reply:10 years may be an exaggeration. The plant needs to reach what it thinks is 'maturity'. This can be achieved with aggressive pruning, limiting root ball size (smaller is better) as well as stressing the plant by with holding water after vegetative growth fully develops. Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment