Friday, November 18, 2011

My Wisteria tree I bought last year looks dead this year but still has green on trunk, can someone help?

Tree had flowers last year when I got it. This year it looks bad. It should have buds on it by now but it has nothing. I scraped the trunk and the bark is still green. The rest of it looks dead, very dry looking. I followed all the care needs for my tree, I now just want to know if I can still save it or if it's too late. Please, my tree needs help!

My Wisteria tree I bought last year looks dead this year but still has green on trunk, can someone help?
I'm sure your weather has something to do with this. Give it time, it is very hard to kill a wisteria! Make sure you give it water when needed but don't keep it wet. Just about all of us are having trouble with a plant or too this year.





If you don't get flowers this year, be sure to cut it back around June so that it will have blooms in spring 2009. It will recover quickly from a pruning and will fill out with beautiful healthy leaves for the rest of the summer.





Don't let your lawn fertilizer get into your wisteria. This will give you pretty leaves, but no flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment