Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Do you plant wisteria seeds in the ground? Or do you start them indoors first?

I have some wisteria seeds growing indoors in planters and I wondered if that was ok or do they need to be planted outside to begin with.

Do you plant wisteria seeds in the ground? Or do you start them indoors first?
No, starting them indoors is the best way to get them started.
Reply:Wisteria will grow anywhere!! I have new (volunteer) plants coming up all over my yard!





If you have started them inside, that is OK. However, I would get them outside and planted in the ground as soon as possible. You want them to be well established before winter comes. Don't give them any fertilizer (they don't need it!!).





Be sure that you plant them next to a VERY sturdy trellis or structure. Wisteria gets REALLY heavy.





Good Luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment