Saturday, November 14, 2009

How do you get Wisteria to bloom? Have had ours for 7 years and no flowers?

Wisteria is one difficult plant to coax into bloom. I had mine 7 years as well, no blooms - so I researched it thoroughly.





In late summer prune it severely back, almost to the old wood if you can. It seems like an odd thing to do, especially when the plant is flourishing, but this is when it "sets" it's blooms for next year. Late summer gives it time to grow *just a bit* before losing it's leaves in the fall.





I did that last year, prune the heck out of it - and lo and behold! BLOOMS this year! I never thought it would ever bloom!





I'm so proud of myself!

How do you get Wisteria to bloom? Have had ours for 7 years and no flowers?
It takes 8 years for a flower to bloom.
Reply:Hope these great websites can help you because they are lovely plants!





http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles060...





http://www.gardenadvice.co.uk/advisor/pl...


No comments:

Post a Comment